Here is what I generally try to do before doing a shoot for a magazine. I will do a brain storming session and start to compile idea’s for the shoot. Once the idea’s are honed down, I will choose perhaps two or three of them and share them with the Fashion Editor of the shoot and get her/his feedback and go from there.
This is an actual pre-production study I did.
Some of My Fashion-Beauty Shoot Themes
- Guardian Angels
- To the Hunt
- Harlequin Romances
- Kill Bill
- Home Delivery
- Desperate Housewives
- A Day at the Therapist
- Different Religions
- A “Photographer” doing a shoot and shooting him doing the following: In a small village shooting Passports Weddings Top Fashion Photographer in a small village in no man’s land School Photographer Baby Photographer The Birthday The Prom Playboy Photographer Paparazzi Crime Scenes..etc.
- The Wrong Casting (A Bad Casting)
- Fitness Center (Out of context clothing that do not get worn at a Fitness Center)
- My Favorite Dessert (Beauty Shoot)
- The Usual Suspects “The Line Up”
- Mad Men Gone Mad